Five Cards

I've been trawling the web for information about generating a random hand of five cards. The aim here is the create an automated random character generator for the Eighth Sea (first generate a random occupation template, then fill the remainder of the character's attributes and skills with randomised values using the random character generation method described in the rulebook).

This quest led me to a fascinating game called Five Card Nancy which demands further exploration (there's a random online version also). It also led me to the Livejournal of Scott McCloud, and suddenly feel less guilty about not updating this blog as often as I could.

Not that I put myself in the same realm as Scott, but it did make me feel a bit better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)