The Goblin Tarot






Here is one of those many backburner projects that I've been working on for quite some time.

I've just been waiting for the right moment of inspiration to hit, and over the last few days it has.

Over the course of two days, I've drawn up a dozen or so images for a deck of cards based on Goblins; the kind of goblins you see in the movie "Labyrinth", also known as Froud Goblins. But these goblins are my own variation on them.

The suits for the deck are "Bugs", "Bones", "Cogs" and "Tools". I'm not sure if these preliminary suit images will act as the background for the numbered cards or if they will simply end up as atmospheric pieces to inspire creativity for the deck.

I have also generated the "Ladies" for each deck (roughly equivalent to the Queens in a standard deck of playing cards).

More details and images to come.

Comments

Spiralbound said…
Just the teaser amount you've shown so far is enough to make we excited to see the completed deck! Both the idea and the art style are fantastic!
Dyson Logos said…
That is f-ing awesome.
Dyson Logos said…
Totally makes me want to add a Goblin Fortune Teller to the mass insanity of my Infinite Caves of the Shroom-Goblins, who are also quite Froud-inspired.

Caves of the Shroom-Goblins
Vulpinoid said…
Better resolution images are over on my deviant-art site.

http://vupinoid.deviantart.com

I probably should upload decent copies to my website as well...maybe generate a random goblin tarot spread on the site.
Vulpinoid said…
that should be vulpinoid.deviantart.com

Damned freaking broken "L" on my keyboard.

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)