Kickstarter and Other Options

Daniel Solis is releasing Do: Pilgrims of the Flying Temple via Kickstarter.

And the success of this project has basically gone viral for the purposes of indie games. It even got a shout out on Wired.

It looks like it's going to be a great game, and Kickstarter looks like an awesome way to fund a project.

...but it can't be used to fund projects outside the USA.

I've been looking for similar funding forums that do work outside the US. My searches probably haven't been as thorough as they could have been, since I've always come away with a generally negative response.

But now I've found IndieGoGo, and I might be able to put together a project of my own.

I'm thinking about putting together a physical copy of FUBAR, now that I've written up a second edition of the game...maybe putting out a proper version of Walkabout...or something new.

I haven't decided, but they'll probably all get a run at some stage.
mjnh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)