RPGaDay2017 #20

What is the best source of out-of-print RPGs?

As a lot of people have pointed out, the various POD and PDF websites which currently exist mean that there really aren't many RPGs that are truly "out-of-print" any more.

I dig through all sorts of sources when looking for out-of-print stuff...but mostly it comes down to opportunity, and since I'm not doing a lot of tabletop playing at the moment, I can wait. That means "Bundles of Holding" might be an option, but in a lot of cases I've actually got the games within. Second hand bookstores can be pretty hit or miss, and when looking for a specific book it's pretty useless.

I used to have a friend who ran a second hand bookstore, and I could ask her for almost anything, and within a few weeks she'd have tracked it down as long as it had an ISBN, and even managed a few cases knew I more than simply a name and an author. She'd do runs into elusive warehouses on the outskirts of the inner city, or attend auctions of deceased estates (often bringing home trailer loads of various books, and onselling them to a mysterious grey market of second hand booksellers). Alas, she had to get out of the business when family issues started getting complicated for her. If she was still conducting dealings in that world, she'd have instantly been my answer to this question.

For now, I just have to say "the internet"... pdfs, print-on-demand, and/or the fact I've got a good printer and bookbinding equipment at home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)