A consideration of things now that the year is half over.

I have a few things on my plate at the moment, some of which will probably have to go on hold.

I've already missed the deadline to build a costume suit of "Iron Man" armour in time for Supanova. I had hoped to get this done by Gencon Oz at the latest, but that's not looking like a reasonable timeframe either unless I really focus on it as a priority.

But the Gencon priority was to get Quincunx working. At this stage I know that I have a functional system and setting, but there is still some playtesting to be accomplished, a decent amount of typing and some layout work to be achieved.

Thankfully, I've had a friendly email from someone who's interested in helping out with the Quincunx project. His name's Riley and he's one of the founders of Every Gamer's Guild in Newcastle. I really must get up there one of these months. Maybe next month for a preliminary run of Quincunx with enough time to make any drastic changes if they prove necessary.

In a similar topic, my Quincunx comic is taking more time than I've recently had available. I've managed to make some good contacts at Supanova, and a few other artists really thought the idea was cool. So I can't abandon this one, but if I want it done properly, I think it will just have to go on hiatus for a while.

The final project is my Game Mechani(sm) of the Week...and after last weeks decent response I really can't let it slide now. Researching and commentating on various mechanisms does take a chunk of my free time, but it's been a worthwhile endeavour so far.

...and I've just thrown my hand up for a new design contest, but I really don't think I'll have the time to get an decent entry prepared. So that'll be the first one to go.

I guess it's just a fact of life that when I had the time to do all this stuff, I didn't have the money to do it properly. And now that I have a full time job again, I have the money available but I don't have the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Geomorphs (Part 7)